1/1 Photo of Chicken Tetrazzini
This is the most amazing chicken casserole dish I have ever tried. I promise you will not regret making this. Don't omit the sherry, it's the ingredient that really makes it distinctive and delicious. I made several changes to a Turkey Tetrazzini recipe I found in a Boar's Head booklet and this is the result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles or 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream or 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons course black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (don't use cooking sherry)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Butter 3 qt, oven proof casserole.
- 3In saucepan, melt butter and saute mushrooms until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Blend in flour, 3/4 c cheese and chicken broth.
- 5Cook until smooth and thick.
- 6Add seasonings, except parsley.
- 7Remove from heat and blend in cream and sherry.
- 8Add shredded chicken and cooked noodles.
- 9Pour into dish and top with bread crumbs, parsley and remaining cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered about 20 minutes.
- 11Brown crumbs under broiler if necessary.
- 12You may want to adjust the liquids a bit if you prefer a creamier sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.8
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 579.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 33.4 g