Recipe by trublu
This was one of my favorites growing up, and I always get compliments whenever I make it. I love parmesan cheese so I use a full cup of it on top.
Top Review by KatKerz
This will be a regular recipe in our house! Took other reviewer suggestions & added a small chopped onion & 2 cloves garlic. Also, I didn't have hvy cream so just used lowfat milk. Because of this, I increased the flour to thicken the milk. Maybe extra 1 or 2 Tbsps flour? ( I eyeballed it.) Husband loved it & picky toddler ate it as well!
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan; blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in broth and cream, bring to a boil and let boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sherry, chicken, mushrooms and spaghetti.
- Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then turn on broiler and brown for 3-5 minutes--watch carefully.