Crispy Parmesan Cheese Chips
Found the recipe in BHG Kid Favorites Made Healthy. I love the taste of Parmesan or Romano cheese and herbs sprinkled on them. You can use other herbs besides basil and dried garlic and they always turn out great. Makes for a tasty snack or for dipping. I have cut the recipe in half...makes a lot!
- Ready In:
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- Use a sharp knife to cut wonton wrappers diagonally in half to make triangles. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking oil/spray. Arrange one-third of the triangles in a single layer on the baking sheet. If desired, for ruffled chips, line baking sheet with foil. Shape foil to make ridges. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Place wonton triangles on foil, drapping over foil ridges.
- In a small bowl stir together the olive oil, garlic and basil. Lightly brush the wonton triangles with one-third of the oil mixture; sprinkle with one-third of the cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 8 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining wonton triangles, oil mixture and cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Okay, I love these! They turned out really crispy, like a Dorito and the flavour is very good. On my second batch, I changed up spices and added chili powder which was very nice too. <br/>The recipe does need a wee correction, under the garlic you said 1 liter garlic, but I'm sure you meant 1 little clove, either that or you REALLY like garlic! As you can see in the photos, it is very attractive too so will look great on a party platter. Made for Spring PAC 2014. Thanks for the great recipe.Reply