Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Bon Appetite and posted for ZWT #6. This is a Tangine that is quick to make and doable for a weeknight supper. Serve with roasted red potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, stalks trimmed, bulbs halved vertically, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup pitted green olives in brine, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix cumin, paprika, and cayenne in small bowl. Cut chicken crosswise into thirds. Toss in large bowl with spices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; brown 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and fennel to same skillet. Sauté until golden in spots, 5 minutes. Return chicken and juices to skillet. Add broth and lemon juice. Bring to simmer, scraping up browned bits. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until chicken is cooked through, 15 minutes. Add olives. Simmer until sauce thickens, 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
A very quick and 5 star all the way dish. The recipe was reduced to serve 2 and served with Algerian Carrots. The only substitution was parsley for the cilantro. Made for *ZWT6*