Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy Chicken dish which all my family loves including the grandchildren. This receipe came from my turn to cook Sunday dinner and what I had in the pantry and frig. We like the receipe because it is easy, spicy and a meal all in one. We serve it with green salad.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 jar cheese with green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 package corn tortilla
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- red pepper
- Boil chicken breast until tender.
- Remove meat from bone.
- Spray 9 by 13 pan with low fat spray.
- Cut at least 9 tortillas into strips.
- Line the bottom of the pan until covered.
- In a small skillet, melt cream cheese and the jar of cheese with chilies.
- Add milk to a sauce consistency.
- Sprinkle red pepper.
- Break chicken into small pieces and place in pan, layer with tortillas strips and alternate until pan is filled.
- Pour cheese mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
I substituted Monterey Jack Queso Dip for a little kick...and it was great. I also just mixed it up... in too much of a hurry to layer it. My family loved it. I served it with refried beans and Spanish rice. Thanks!
Great flavor, quick and easy. When I went to make it I did not have the cheese with peppers so I substitued a jar of con queso dip. It worked well. Will make again! Thanks!!
Very good, we enjoyed this recipe you can make it as spicy as you like it.