Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grown kids reminded me of this casserole that I've been making for 20 years. It is one of their favorites. I usually make it with turkey leftovers. Oh yeah, they put catsup on top of theirs before eating it.
- 2 (6 ounce) boxesof stove top chicken prepared stuffing
- 4 cups chicken or 4 cups turkey, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely diced (can use more)
- 1 cup celery, finely diced (can use more)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups white sauce (medium thickness)
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup (I use the whole can)
- Boil a chicken; or use canned chicken or turkey leftovers.
- When chicken is tender, debone and cube.
- Save chicken broth.
- Boil vegetables in just enough water to cover them until tender; strain vegetables.
- Prepare stuffing according to box instructions using broth as part of the required liquid.
- Prepare white sauce.
- Combine white sauce, cream of chicken soup and vegetables.
- Spread stuffing on bottom of greased 9X13 pan.
- Place chicken on top of stuffing.
- Pour white sauce mixture on top of chicken and spread evenly; do not stir.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.