Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This recipe originally called for feta cheese, which we don't care for. I like it with sharp cheddar, but you can use whatever you like!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, crumbled (or your favorite)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slit (as if to butterfly but do not cut all the way through the ends so it makes a pocket) in each chicken breast.
- Stuff with cheese and crumbled bacon (the more the better, I think).
- Use a toothpick to secure the pocket closed.
- Brown stuffed chicken in olive oil in a fry pan until golden brown, then add diced tomatoes and cover, cooking until chicken is thoroughly done.
- Before serving, remove toothpicks.