Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe originally called for feta cheese, which we don't care for. I like it with sharp cheddar, but you can use whatever you like!
- Cut a slit (as if to butterfly but do not cut all the way through the ends so it makes a pocket) in each chicken breast.
- Stuff with cheese and crumbled bacon (the more the better, I think).
- Use a toothpick to secure the pocket closed.
- Brown stuffed chicken in olive oil in a fry pan until golden brown, then add diced tomatoes and cover, cooking until chicken is thoroughly done.
- Before serving, remove toothpicks.
Everyone LOVED this except I didn't add the tomatoes or cook it in olive oil ( I used the bacon grease) for my PICKY boyfriend and it was still GREAT!! Thank you so much!!!
After chicken was cooked I set it aside on a plate and added a can of cream of chicken to the oil and tomatoes as well as some leftover charro/ black beans and some cayenne powder and heated through on low. Poured over the chicken and the man of the house said he could eat that every week!
This was incredibly tasty!! I used a combination of Feta and Goat cheeses - we like that flavor. We will be eating this again!! Thanks Karen!!