Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can make smaller portions, fold, don't cut and send to school or work for lunch.
Make and share this Chicken Stromboli recipe from Food.com.
For the Dough
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup water
For the Filling
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce with herbs
For the Bruchetta
- ripe tomatoes
- minced onion
- minced garlic
- chopped fresh basil
- chopped fresh parsley
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- For the bruschetta mix together the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil and parsley.
- Splash in some balsamic and olive oil, toss and let stand.
- Ingredient amounts are up to your personal taste.
- For the dough dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Add oil.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Make a well.
- Slowly add wet to dry.
- Work into a small, soft, smooth ball.
- Portion into 6 balls and let rise, covered in a warm place for 1/2 hour.
- To assemble strombolis roll out each portion of dough into a nine inch circle.
- Spread each with tomato sauce, leaving a one inch border.
- Along the center arrange the cheese, spinach, chicken and artichole hearts.
- Fold the sides in over the filling and roll up burrito style.
- Seal the seams with water and press together.
- Cut the log into 2 or 3 pieces and place each upright on an oiled baking pan.
- Repeat with other strombolis.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until dough is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted.
- Place rounds on plates and top with the bruschetta.
- Serve with salad.