Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it has become one of our family favorites. It is so quick and easy to put together and does not require marinating time. This is excellent for summer meals because it's so light. Also great sliced over salad greens for a complete meal.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Place all ingredients together in a zip-top plastic bag and shake.
- Grill over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink.
We loved this! It was so moist and tender. What a quick and easy recipe. The flavors blend so well together. I let mine marinate for about 45 minutes while I prepared the rest of the meal. Made for "Top Favorites of 2009" tag game. Thanks for posting. :)
Great marinade. I used this to marinade chicken tenders, which I grilled and wrapped in a pita with tzazki, olives, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and feta. My husband and kids all loved it.
A decent basic "marinade" (really more of a rub) using ingredients you probably have on hand. The flavors were decent, but not good enough to become my go-to marinade.