Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can be served on pitas with tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, and red onion. I found this recipe in myrecipes.com on my search for ZWT recipes.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, skinless and boneless cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, medium quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- cooking spray
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and shake to combine. Add chicken to bag, seal and shake to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 30 mins, turning once.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Thread chicken pieces and zucchini alternately onto each of 4 (8 inch) skewers.
- Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over med-high heat. Add skewers, cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.
I love souvlaki and this is wonderful and so easy!! I made it using boneless, skinless chicken thighs for a nice lunch. I had it with garlic bread and Cucumber Salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6
Simple, easy, and very flavorful. I used the broiler and know it would be even better on charcoal. Made for Zaar World Tour 6 on behalf of the Voracious Vagabonds.
Very tasty chicken. I added black pepper (personal preference) and left out the zucchini because I served it with squash oreganato - Yellow Squash Oreganato. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.