Garlicky Chicken or Pork Souvlaki
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste (optional I don't usually add it)
- Combine everything but chicken or pork, and whisk well. Place chicken in a seal able container, and marinate overnight to 24 hours.
- Soak skewers 30 minutes in water (so they won’t burn.).
- Skewer meat.
- BBQ or bake in oven until done (oven is 375 for 30-40 minutes.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
The lemon and garlic does indeed shine through on this recipe though... I sliced my chicken in strips rather than chunks. I honestly couldn't imagine marinating for overnight or 24 hours, my strips were 'white' and pickled after 4 hours. I had a hard time cooking them since they looked ready to eat before being skewered, Overall though, it was very light and clean tasting
The taste of this was wonderful! I was a little worried about the lemon juice and the marinating time. I started my marinade before I left for work. I grilled these for dinner. (Marinating time about 11 hours) I would not recommend marinating for that long, as some of my chicken cubes were cooked from the acid in the lemon. I'd marinate about 5 or 6 hours next time. The garlic was perfect!! These would be wonderful in a pita! Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR tag.