The success of this soup will depend on the quality of your chicken broth so use the best! Frozen spinach can be used in place of fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups fresh spinach, packed (stems removed and rinced)
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 2 cups cooked small shell pasta (or use cooked rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional and to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1For meatballs; in a large bowl combine all meatball ingredients together; mix using clean hands.
- 2Shape into 3/4-inch balls and place on a plate.
- 3In a large pot heat the chicken broth until a medium boil; stir in spinach, diced carrots and meatballs; return to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4Cover and cook stirring occasionally over medium-low heat for about 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and the diced carrots are tender.
- 5Add in cooked pasta or rice and heat through.
- 6Season with black pepper.
- 7Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup With Mini Meatballs and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 985.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: