Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
- 2 (5 lb) ready to cook stewing chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- celery leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -6 peppercorns
- 4 -6 whole allspice
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- Cut chicken into pieces.
- Use all pieces for soup except breast.
- Cover chicken with water (about 3 quarts.) Add vegetables and spices; bring to a boiling.
- Simmer until tender, 2-3 hours.
- Remove skin and bones from meat; cut meat into pieces.
- Strain broth and skin off fat.
- Add chicken to broth; salt to taste.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Pour, hot, into hot Ball jars.
- ,leaving 1-inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process pints 30 minutes, quarts 45 minutes, at 10 pounds preassure.
- Heat and serve; or cook noodles 1 minute in boiling water; rinse; drain.
- Add to soup and heat until noodles are tender.