Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe years ago. It's very good. I have also used leg quarters in place of the breasts.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sliced okra
- 1 (14 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (add more according to taste)
- Mix together the flour, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add chicken and cook about 15 minutes, turning to brown both sides.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion, green pepper and celery; cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, okra, tomatoes, thyme, parsley and pepper sauce.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until chicken is done - about 20 minutes.