Recipe by DianeNJ
Threw this together one night after I had something similar out in a famous Italian restaurant. My husband and teenage son were so impressed and so fast to make. Love it!
Top Review by chef FIFI
Oh my goodness!!!! This was lick smacking good...full of flavor..easy...what more can I say? I omitted the wine and replaced it with a tablespoon of chicken bouillon.The odd thing is that I have never ordered chicken scampi before, I just thought it wouldnt have enough flavor for me, but this dish was packed with flavor. I used about 5 cloves of garlic as I love my garlic. I will definately try this again.
- 8 -10 frozen chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red pepper, chopped larger pieces
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse ice off of frozen tenderloins.
- Place in large skillet over medium high heat, cover and cook for 8-10 mins turning once to cook thoroughly.
- May drain if alot of water from chicken but keep some for next step.
- Add onion and garlic cover and cook till clear.
- Add red pepper, plum tomatoes and lemon juice and let simmer covered another 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cp.
- wine cover again and simmer 5 more minutes.
- May add more wine to taste.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Add light cream stir in to blend and thicken.
- Serve over fettucini or angel hair pasta with some grated parmesan cheese.