Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Threw this together one night after I had something similar out in a famous Italian restaurant. My husband and teenage son were so impressed and so fast to make. Love it!
- 8 -10 frozen chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red pepper, chopped larger pieces
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- Rinse ice off of frozen tenderloins.
- Place in large skillet over medium high heat, cover and cook for 8-10 mins turning once to cook thoroughly.
- May drain if alot of water from chicken but keep some for next step.
- Add onion and garlic cover and cook till clear.
- Add red pepper, plum tomatoes and lemon juice and let simmer covered another 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cp.
- wine cover again and simmer 5 more minutes.
- May add more wine to taste.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Add light cream stir in to blend and thicken.
- Serve over fettucini or angel hair pasta with some grated parmesan cheese.
Oh my goodness!!!! This was lick smacking good...full of flavor..easy...what more can I say? I omitted the wine and replaced it with a tablespoon of chicken bouillon.The odd thing is that I have never ordered chicken scampi before, I just thought it wouldnt have enough flavor for me, but this dish was packed with flavor. I used about 5 cloves of garlic as I love my garlic. I will definately try this again.
VERY good. We enjoyed this. I added way more lemons and served this over 1 pound of whole wheat pasta. We loved it. I increased the garlic and used a yellow pepper and used 1/2 and 1/2 in place of the cream. Yummy!
This was good, but I'll definitely tweak it next time. This was a bit too lemony and the veggies were overcooked for my taste. Next time I'll reduce the lemon juice, saute the veggies for only 5 minutes, and add some sliced mushrooms.