Heavenly recipe with chicken and garlic. It is really delicious and I got the recipe from a friend I used to teach preschool with.
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- rice or noodles, enough for about 3 people
- Put olive oil and butter in skillet on low heat.
- Add the green onions and minced garlic and saute.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Put chicken that has been cut into pieces in the skillet with the garlic onion and seasonings.
- Heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- I usually let the chicken sit with the other ingredients in the skillet for a few moments on low just to get the seasoning set in really well.
- I then put the tomatoes in to just heat through.
- I serve with the rice or noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe was not only delicious but so easy! Perfect for those nights when you need to have dinner on the table in under 45 minutes. The only things I did differently than the recipe was I saved about a cup of pasta water to add to the mixture while it was sitting to keep the dish "saucy" and we sprinkled Romano cheese over the top. This will go into my regular rotation!Reply
My younger daughter doesn't eat seafood so while the rest of us ate shrimp she ate this. It was very good..nice flavor, easy to make..i always save the pasta water like a cup..the pasta sucks up the liquid so i add it at the very end it to keep it juicy..thats the only thing i did different ..Very good, thank you Melissa.Reply
This is delicious. I love scampis but my husband hates seafood so much that he can't even stand for it to be on my breath. This way I get something close to real scampi and he gets to see why I love them so much. I think we would make this once a week (except for the amount of butter). Cudos to the chef!!Reply
My wife, mother-in-law, and daughter said this was delicious. I was even told that I am a good cook. How about that?! I enjoyed this and was impressed that I was able to pull this off. I followed directions like my life depended on it. Easy and quick to make. Thank you for the recipe. Vuki. ps. crunchy chow mein noodles go good with this.Reply
see 12 more