Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The owners of our favorite Thai restaurant decided to return to Bangkok, Before she left she very kindly shared her recipes with me.
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into1/2 inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons sugar
- Mix together the 1/4 cup coconut milk and curry powder and marinate the chicken strips in this overnight.
- Put the red curry paste and can of coconut milk in a pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the peanuts, salt and sugar and cook until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Thread the chicken strips onto wooden skewers and barbecue over med heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the peanut sauce.
DH and I love this recipe! We have been using it for about two years now and it is wonderful and so easy. I usually sub for light coconut milk and cut back on the sugar and it is still great.