Recipe by ChefDebs
The owners of our favorite Thai restaurant decided to return to Bangkok, Before she left she very kindly shared her recipes with me.
Top Review by Southern Kitchen Gardener
DH and I love this recipe! We have been using it for about two years now and it is wonderful and so easy. I usually sub for light coconut milk and cut back on the sugar and it is still great.
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into1/2 inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the 1/4 cup coconut milk and curry powder and marinate the chicken strips in this overnight.
- Put the red curry paste and can of coconut milk in a pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the peanuts, salt and sugar and cook until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Thread the chicken strips onto wooden skewers and barbecue over med heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with the peanut sauce.