Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
This is taken out of the George Foreman Grill recipe book. If you do not have a GF grill, I am sure you could do on an outdoor grill in the summer. Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 18 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup thick unsweetened coconut milk (his instructions are to scrape the cream off the top of a settled can of coconut milk, after opening)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper in medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Set 1/3 cup of this marinade aside.
- Slice chicken lengthwise into 1/3 inch thick strips.
- Add to remaining marinade and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and set aside in refrigerator a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Place peanut butter in medium bowl and stir in the reserved 1/3 cup marinade 1 Tbl at a time, until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk, onion and paprika.
- Transfer sauce to small serving bowl and set aside.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Weave 1 or 2 slices onto each skewer.
- Grill skewers 7-9 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through and no longer pink in center.
- Transfer skewers to serving platter and serve with sauce on the side, may garnish sauce with cilantro if desired.