Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup drained canned chick-peas, also know as garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup julienne-cut green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir well and add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and serve.
This has great flavor and some yummy additional ingredients - you could easily make this without the chicken! I used Greek yogurt, kalamata olives, more parsley, and less salt and red pepper flakes.
This is an excellent recipe! I think I have fixed this before from an old Cooking Light Magazine...can't get enough of it. Thanks for putting it on Recipezaar so I will always have recipe available!!!!
This is quite similar to one of my favorite chicken salads, so it was not a surprise that I enjoyed it immensely. Made two small additions, the addition 1/4 cup each of julienned carrots and sliced celery, to help me empty the produce bin and make a wholesome salad even healthier. This salad also develops well and leftovers the next day while stronger in flavor were also delicious.