1/6 Photos of Chicken Salad, Strawberry Vinaigrette Plus
Refreshing, tasty Summer salad. Use a light flavor oil so it does not overwhelm the strawberry flavor of the vinaigrette. . Feel free to use your imagination with this salad - add a few fresh strawberries ontop of the salad, perhaps some pecans sprinkled on top. If you have left over cooked chicken save yourself some extra effort use it. If you keep the vinaigrette in the fridge bring it to room temp before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, medium size, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups leaves lettuce, cleaned and torn
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium sweet onion, cleand sliced and rings separated
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup light oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1Chicken: Mix the flour, cayenne, salt & Pepper together in a plastic bag.
- 2Paint the chicken with egg white and dust the breasts with the flour mixture.
- 3Melt the butter & oil in a skillet, over medium heat fry the chicken until cooked (apprx 8 minutes each side).
- 4Remove & Cool it. Slice into 1/2" strips.
- 5Vinaigrette: In a food processor or mini mixer combine the strawberry, Balsamic, tarragon, Splenda & light oil-whip until totally combined. Keep covered in fridge.
- 6Salad Preparation: Slice the cooled chicken across the breast into pieces apprx 1 1/2" by 1'2".
- 7Divide the spinach/lettuce mixture between four plates.
- 8Place the onion rings over the lettuce.
- 9Sprinkle on the feta cheese.
- 10Then place the chicken on top.
- 11Sprinkle on the blueberries.
- 12Let everyone add as much vinaigrette as they like to their salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad, Strawberry Vinaigrette Plus
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.2
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 518.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: