Looking for a subtly seasoned, special occasion tea sandwich? I think you'll find this one will be a popular addition to your cold tray offerings. I have confidently served this at bridal showers and and family parties with many a request for this simple but tasty recipe.
My Private Note
tea san ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth or water to a boil in a large skillet and add chicken breasts.
- 2Reduce heat to a simmer and poach chicken, turning once, for about 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and leave chicken in broth as it cools for about 20 minutes.
- 3Discard the skin and finely shred the chicken into a bowl.
- 4Stir together chicken, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, shallot, tarragon, and seasoning to taste.
- 5Make 12 sandwiches with chicken salad and bread, pressing together gently. With a 2-inch round cutter, cut 2 rounds from each sandwich.
- 6Spread edges of rounds with remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise to coat well and then roll the edges in the chopped almonds.
- 7If you decide to use croissants you may prefer to add the chopped almonds directly to the chicken mixture.
- 8These sandwiches may be made 2 hours ahead, wrapped, and chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad Spread With Smoked Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (2269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 306.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves