3 hrs 30 mins
jeannie smith's Note:
An old recipe culled from several cookbooks and years of experience with ladies'luncheons.The original recipe served fifty. This is more like 6-8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 oven-roasted deli chicken (rotisserie)
- 3 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 4 tablespoons dill pickle relish (optional)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup baby peas, thawed if frozen (optional)
- 1/2 lb pimento cheese, small cube (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers (optional) or 1/2 cup green pepper (optional)
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1Remove skin and bones from chicken and dice;place in large bowl.
- 2In a large bowl, dissolve jello in boiling broth and seasonings and cool.
- 3Combine mayo and cream with whisk or electric beater and fold into cooled jello.
- 4Mix any or all of the optional ingredients into the large bowl of chicken and add to jello mixture.
- 5Pour into a 13'X7"X2" glass cooking pan, or into your own mold as desired.
- 6Garnish with green olives and strips of pimento or parsley and serve on lettuce bed with dollup of mayonnaise and paprika.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 851.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 41.1 g