Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An old recipe culled from several cookbooks and years of experience with ladies'luncheons.The original recipe served fifty. This is more like 6-8.
- 1 oven-roasted deli chicken (rotisserie)
- 3 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 4 tablespoons dill pickle relish (optional)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup baby peas, thawed if frozen (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb pimento cheese, small cube (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red peppers (optional) or 1⁄2 cup green pepper (optional)
- 2 ounces chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green olives
- 2 ounces sliced pimientos
- lettuce leaf
- Remove skin and bones from chicken and dice;place in large bowl.
- In a large bowl, dissolve jello in boiling broth and seasonings and cool.
- Combine mayo and cream with whisk or electric beater and fold into cooled jello.
- Mix any or all of the optional ingredients into the large bowl of chicken and add to jello mixture.
- Pour into a 13'X7"X2" glass cooking pan, or into your own mold as desired.
- Garnish with green olives and strips of pimento or parsley and serve on lettuce bed with dollup of mayonnaise and paprika.