Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this recipe up on my own. My daughter loves chicken salad sandwiches, but I was getting tired of the same old recipe so I tried to spice it up! My daughter loves it!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 chopped red onion
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Cook chicken breasts in oil over medium high heat about 4 minutes each side. Let cool then chop into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken to bowl then add remaining ingredients stir well and refrigerate for at least an hour so flavors marinate.
- You can add more mayo and omit cream cheese if you like. I use cream cheese because it has less calories than mayo and the flavor comes out the same.