Recipe by **Mandy**
A jazzed up rissole recipe for lovers of tarragon & mushrooms. Recipe from Family Circle
Top Review by Wobin
I was wanting to try something different and found these in my search. Very moist and tender as others have stated. I added a bit of garlic to sauce and to chicken. As well as added some pepper to the sauce. My firsttime using Taragon and it gave an interesting flavor. I was expecting more of an intense flavor rush from this dish but found it had more of a mellow, comforting flavor. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 kg ground chicken
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 40 g butter
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 300 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, tarragon, onion and mayonnaise in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and shape into 1 1/2cm thick patties.
- Heat a large frypan and brush lightly with oil. Cook rissoles over medium heat for 8 minutes each side, turning once only.
- Remove from pan and keep warm while preparing sauce.
- To make sauce: Melt butter in frypan, add spring onions and mushrooms and stir-fry over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft, add wine and cream; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.