Recipe by WiGal
This is a small but tasty and easy recipe that uses leftover chicken. I like the fact that it does not have any canned creamed soup in it. I usually serve it in a bowl along with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat. Enjoy:)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth, possibly more
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter.
- Add broth, carrots, rice, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Check to see if more broth is needed after 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and parsley.
- Cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the rice and vegetables are tender.