Recipe by dianegrapegrower
My own version of the brand name boxed rice mix. This is a very basic, versatile dish. Dress it up by adding additional seasonings or vegetables at cooking time. Green peas are particularly nice.
- 3 cups long-grain rice
- 3⁄4 cup spaghetti, broken in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together, store in sealed container. Or package 1 cup portions in zipper bags for easy use.
- To prepare:.
- Melt 1 T. butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add 1 Celsius rice mix and saute stirring occasionally until the rice is coated, and slightly toasted. Add 2 cups water, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes. Serves 4.