Recipe by ChipotleChick
Delicious roasted potatoes, and chicken stuffed with onion, garlic, and apple. Easy on the calories and fat if the skin is not eaten (would have 9 grams fat and 375 calories per serving without the skin).
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 medium apple, cut into quarters
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into quarters
- 6 medium baking potatoes, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices,stopping about 3/4 way through the potato
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place apple, onion, and garlic in chicken's body cavity.
- Tie if desired.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on the rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place potatoes on rack around chicken.
- Mix remaining ingredients and brush over chicken and potatoes.
- Roast uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting chicken with the margarine mixture every half hour.
- Chicken will be done when juices run clear, and potatoes should be fork tender.
- Let stand 10 minutes, remove and discard the apple, onion, and garlic, and chicken skin.