1/2 Photos of Chicken Potato Patties
Midwest Maven's Note:
African chicken croquettes that would make a great dinner with a salad and some bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne
- black pepper
- flour, as needed
- corn oil, for shallow frying
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the salt and chicken.
- 2Cook 5-10 minutes until done, then remove, let cool, and dice finely.
- 3In a bowl put the mashed potatoes, garlic, onion, egg, chicken, parsley, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Mix well, if mixture is too dry add a little of the cooking liquid and then add enough flour, if needed, to easily form them into patties.
- 5Wet or flour your hands and form mixture into patties.
- 6In a heavy skillet heat 1/2 inch of oil to 350 degrees.
- 7Slide in the patties and cook until golden brown, 3-5 minutes per side.
- 8Do not crowd the pan, work in batches if necessary.
- 9Drain on paper towels and serve garnished with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Potato Patties
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 407.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.6 g