1/5 Photos of Chicken Pot Pie with Buttermilk Biscuit Crust
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Danielle in New Hampshire's Note:
This chicken and vegetable pot pie is extrememly comforting. Full of tender veggies and with a broth enriched sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can sliced mushroom, , I perfer fresh mushrooms (, I perfer fresh mushrooms)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3In medium saucepan combine chicken breasts and water.
- 4Bring to a gentle boil and simmer til done. (about 15 minutes)
- 5Remove chicken from pan. Saving broth for later.
- 6Shred chicken when cool enough to handle, set aside.
- 7Add potatoes, celery and bouillon cube to reserved broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 12 mins or until veggies are tender. Set aside in heavy saucepan.
- 8Melt butter over low heat, add 2 tbsp flour, stirring until smooth.
- 9Cook for 1 min stirring constantly.
- 10Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in poultry seasoning.
- 12In large bowl combine shredded chicken, frozen veggies, sauce and mushrooms.
- 13Spoon into prepared casserole dish and set aside.
- 14In small bowl combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- 15Cut in remaining 2 tbsp (cold) butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 16Stir in buttermilk until just mixed.
- 17Spoon the biscuit dough in lumps over the chicken mixture.
- 18Bake for 1 hour, or until biscuits are golden and mixture is hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie with Buttermilk Biscuit Crust
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 865.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 30.0 g