Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "Woman's World", January 31, 2006. This is a lighter version of the regular chicken pot pie. My family enjoyed it!
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can canned sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar fat free chicken gravy
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits
- salt, to taste
- In pot over medium heat, combine first 7 ingredients.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 10 minutes.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Split biscuits.
- Top bottom halves with chicken mixture; top with biscuit tops.
- You can also add some shredded cheese to the mixture if you like.