This recipe is from "Woman's World", January 31, 2006. This is a lighter version of the regular chicken pot pie. My family enjoyed it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can canned sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar fat free chicken gravy
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits
- salt, to taste
- 1In pot over medium heat, combine first 7 ingredients.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 10 minutes.
- 3Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 4Split biscuits.
- 5Top bottom halves with chicken mixture; top with biscuit tops.
- 6You can also add some shredded cheese to the mixture if you like.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie / Pies (Lighter Version)
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 772.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free chicken gravy