Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tastes like Creamy Chicken Noodle soup on the inside of the shell. It is delicious and flavorful!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen and thawed peas and carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 9 inches refrigerated pastry crust
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Pour chicken broth, salt and pepper into glass; add enough milk to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt margarine in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion flakes and celery seed; Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and boils.
- Add chicken, vegetables, thyme, and parsley. Pour into 1 1/2 quart deep casserole.
- Roll out pastry 1 inch larger than casserole dish. Cut slit in pastry for venting steam. Place pastry on top of casserole. Roll edges and cut away extra pastry; flute edges. Brush with beaten egg. Bake about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.