Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Additional Information Bake slightly less if using biscuits, as they cook faster.
Make and share this Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup peas or 1 cup peas and pearl onions
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 -2 cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cream (or milk)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- pie crusts or biscuit
- Bring the stock to a simmer and add carrots. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the celery and peas and cook another 3 to 4 minutes. Drain veggies, reserving broth.
- Melt butter and sprinkle in the flour, using a whisk. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes, then slowly whisk in the reserved broth, stirring constantly. Raise the heat a bit and bring to a simmer, stirring, and cook 4-5 minutes. Add the cream and cook another 5 minutes to thicken. Stir in the herbs and add the chicken and vegetables and mix.
- Pour the creamed chicken into a 9x13 pan (or reserve half and freeze for another day like I did). Top with a pie crust or biscuits, making sure to leave some vents. Cook at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
I just made this for my family - I was a little nervous since I had not made anything like this before. The directions were fantastic & seconds were had by all! I used a bisquit topping. They all raved. Thanks for sharing this "keeper" recipe.