Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful main dish for company or just when you want something a little special without a lot of fuss.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of thick plastic wrap and pound until meat is 1/4" thick.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Season chicken with salt& pepper, then dust with flour.
- Saute chicken in oil till golden then remove to a platter.
- Pour off fat from pan.
- Remove pan from heat and add vodka, stir, return to heat and cook stirring until vodka is nearly gone to deglaze the pan.
- Add broth and lemon juice to pan.
- Return chicken to pan, cook each side 1 minute then transfer to a warm platter.
- Add tomatoes and cream to pan.
- Heat through, then pour over the chicken.
- Sprinkle top with scallions for garnish.
My DH said to say "definitely 'over the top' good", and I must say, I agree with him. This tasted much more complicated than the number of ingredients should make it. Totally delicious - you must try this! It's soooo simple to make. I made this exactly as written, however, I think I had the heat too high when adding the cream and tomatoes...the sauce "broke" a bit, but that was my fault -- it still tasted wonderful (and we'll be fighting over leftovers tomorrow, believe me). Next time, I'll take the pan off for about a minute before adding the tomatoes and cream...and make sure to have plenty of bread available to soak up the wonderful sauce. What a winner! I'll add this to my repertoire of "company worthy" recipes. Great recipe, MG - thanks!
Very quick and easy weekday meal that tastes liked you slaved longer than required! I doubled the sauce and served it over pasta; adding a Tbls of cornstarch to thicken it a bit. Next time I would cut the lemon in half; found it to be a bit too tart...but other than that it is delish!
I used 2 boneless chicken breast but made the full amount of sauce. I added some pesto to the sauce. For my taste, something was missing. I will make this again but I need to figure out what is missing.