Recipe by Feeding my Family
I served these up last night and got rave reviews. Never having eated "Hot Pockets" myself, I asked how they compared. I was quickly informed that "Hot Pockets" only wished they tasted this good.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packagesbetty crocker pizza crust mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (8 ounce) package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters chicken strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, drained & diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup better than sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the pizza crust mix with hot water in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, add all of the filling ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal parts and roll each into a 7" circle. Add 3 spoonfulls of mix into the center of the dough. Fold the dough over into a semi-circle. Pinch closed.
- In a small bowl mix the egg and cold water to make a egg wash. Brush each chicken pocket with the egg wash and bake for 20-25 minutes.