Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this recipe one night when trying to use some leftover pepperoni. It was a big hit with my family - I hope it will be with yours, too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5-2lbs)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pound each chicken breast with a meat mallet between layers of plastic wrap until slightly more than 1/8" thick.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato paste over one side of each flattened chicken breast. Cover tomato paste in pepperoni slices, about 6 per chicken breast. Top with a slice of provolone.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll each chicken breast and secure with a toothpick. Coat each one lightly in breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken rolls and brown, turning once, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Transfer browned rolls to a baking dish and top each one with a slice of mozzarella and 1/2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked throughout (170 degrees.).
Very good! I used my leftover homemade pizza sauce instead of tomato paste and a cheddar jack mix of cheeses. It turned out delicious, a real family pleaser. Served with garlic pasta.
Quick, easy and delicious - terrific. I followed this recipe as written and wouldn't change a thing. :yummy: Made and enjoyed for PAC, Spring 2009
These were AWESOMMMMMME!! We LOVED this dish!! Made it exactly to the recipe, and wouldn't change a thing! Baked for 14 minutes in my oven. Served with garlic bread, thin spaghetti and pasta sauce! DELICIOUS!!! :) Thank you so very much! :) For the Spring 2009 PAC Game.