Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
From a local newspaper comes this recipe submitted by Peter Quaglia of Stover MO, & it makes for a low-salt chicken dish.
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of wax paper until about 1/4" thick.
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon lemon juice & set aside.
- Combine remaining lemon juice with chicken stock, & set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, garlic powder & paprika.
- In large skillet, melt butter.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture & then coat well with flour mixture.
- Place chicken in skillet & cook over medium-high heat about 1 minute on each side.
- Pour chicken stock mixture over chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover & cook 10-15 minutes or until chicken is very tender.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates.
- Stir sauce that is still in skillet, & spoon over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle breasts with parsley, & garnish with lemon slices just before serving.
Loved it! Super easy to make and great lemon flavor!
Oh, so good! I used 2 large chicken breasts for 4 of us and it was just right. I wasn't paying enough attention to the recipe and cooked the breasts and removed them, then added the broth and let the sauce reduce while I was plating dinner. It turned out great, even before I spooned the sauce over top! Made for Zaar Stars. Thanks Sydney Mike! :)
excllent! Just right for our taste! BUT One fresh breast was more then enough for the 2 of us! I remembered that when in the states, Kate used frozen breasts, and they were tiny in comparision. I beat the breast, and it was about the size of my electric frypan!!!! so I figured that would do :) did the sauce as written, and it was wonderful! SERVED WITH BROCOLI, which went very well with the sauce. made for aussie swap, oct 09