Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
It doesn't get any easier, or any better than this. The brown sugar mixed with picante sauce is a great new twist for chicken. We like this over rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Place chicken in greased, shallow sided baking dish.
- Mix picante sauce, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 400* for 30-35 minutes, or until juices run clear.
As my son likes to say--Simple, simple, simple. So true, but has a wonderful zesty flavor. The picante was mildly sweet and zesty and the chicken was very juicy and tender. We all loved it and the kids/husband have asked me to make it again. Thanks MizzNezz.
I chose this recipe because it not only looked easy, but it's healthy and low fat! This dish was satisfying and went really well with some soft polenta and garlic green beans. Inez, it's always difficult to come up with more superlatives when reviewing one of your recipes. Bravo.
This was so so so good! 1st beacause it was so simple to put together, and 2nd, because it was delicious! I only had a jar of mild salsa, so I added some red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat. Next time I will just use hotter salsa to make it a tad less sweet. Wonderful recipe!