Summer Cabbage Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 cups shredded fresh cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 apples, unpeeled, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, red onion, green onion, and apples. Add raisins.
- For dressing, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir to blend. Pour dressing over salad ingrdients. Stir to coat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a preschool teacher in Florida, here since marrying my hubby in Sept of '04. I have a stepdaughter. No kiddos of our own unless you count those with fur :-) We have 2 cats and 2 dogs who think they are cats. We are inovoled with our church and with our local American Legion post, where I cook breakfast once a month for the community, so I am always looking for new and fun breakfast/brunch ideas.