Recipe by Teresa Peers
Easy to make, all in one pot, kids love it!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Really good! The whole family enjoyed this. I used casarece shaped pasta and found it needed an additional 3/4 cup water added and extra simmering time. Also used homemade pesto from my freezer. This is one of those dishes that's so much better than you think it will be. And the fact that you can throw it together in no time is awesome. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 12 ounces sliced zucchini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups pasta (any type of short pasta, ie: macaroni, spirals, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into chunks and cook in heated olive oil in a LARGE non-stick frying pan.
- REMOVE CHICKEN ONLY FROM FRYING PAN!
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, 2 1/2 cups of water and pasta to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue simmering until pasta is to your liking.
- Add chicken back to the pan.
- Add pesto and stir.
- Sprinkle with cheese.