Creamy Chicken Pesto Linguine
This is an awesome dish - boneless chicken strips cooked in a creamy pesto parmesan sauce and served over linguine.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine, cooked to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 cups half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in skillet.
- Season chicken strips with garlic powder and black pepper and add to skillet with onion/garlic mixture.
- When chicken is done, stir in pesto sauce, then add cream and parmesan cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Drain cooked linguine and serve chicken and sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good meal; I kept on feeling like I should be at a restaurant, instead of just in my own kitchen. My husband and I are planning to leave out the chicken next time, for a vegetarian dish; the chicken was good, but we think it would be as good without it. Also, these are very generous portions (which are a good thing); we both ate to our fill, along with our two year old daughter, and there is still extra sauce left (we made 2 servings worth only). update: a year later, we make this recipe ALL the time, and absolutely love it! It's so fast and easy.