Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was presented by Debi on The Chew today and looked fantastic so I am posting it here for safe keeping. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to fry
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon onion, Minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 rolls
- Mix chicken, olive oil, tomato sauce, basil, onion, kosher salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes together.
- Form the chicken mixture into balls; the texture is gloppy.
- Flatten into burger patties.
- Dip patties into a mixture of Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Place burgers on waxed paper and allow them to set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Pour a liberal amount of olive oil in a nonstick fry pan.
- Pan fry burgers until done and crispy; drain on a paper towel.
- Top burgers with some additional tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts.
- Serve on a crispy round roll.
Great tasting burger! I used marinara sauce and kaiser rolls for these and we really liked this well-seasoned treat. Thanks for sharing. Made for My 3 Chefs 2012.