Easy-Do Ahead - Freeze From "Fat Free Living Super Cookbook" by Jyl Steinback, pub. 1997.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9x13 baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Pour egg substitute into small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano and mix well.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg substitute; roll in bread crumbs to coat on all sides.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish and bake 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken and top with cheese slices.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and cook until sauce is hot and cheese is melted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Great with pasta, garlic bread, and salad!
This was very tasty and no hardship to make. I found that the real flavor came from the sauce more than the chicken even though it had the lovely coating. I used a homemade vegetarian pasta sauce ans topped it with shredded Mozza. I sure do like the health factor! :D Made for PAC, Sprinf 2012