Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- Combine bread crumbs, basil, parsley, and parmesan in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine eggs and milk in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper and pound until 1/4-inch thick.
- Clean up edges of chicken with a knife.
- Place chicken in egg mixture coating the whole breast.
- Dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture coating evenly.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet to 350°F.
- Place chicken in oil and cook 4 minutes on each side untilT golden brown.
- Take chicken out and place in a casserole dish.
- Top with marinara and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F until cheese is melted and bubbly.
We had a very tasty and comforting Thursday night dinner tonight with this recipe. It's very good, only changes were out of personal preference. I added garlic salt and red pepper flakes to the breadcrumbs for added oomph. Outside of that though, great recipe that I will use again. Thanks for posting victoria #2! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.