1/2 Photos of Chicken Paillardes With Mustard Shallot Sauce
Again borrowed without permission and with no intention of return from the net - I'll be making this next week! (Update 2/9 - thanks to the reviewers, I have updated step 5 to be correct - Cheers!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1Season breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt the butter in a skillet over med-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until they are lightly brown, depending on thickness anywhere from 2-5 minutes per side.
- 3Remove the chicken to a warm platter.
- 4Add the shallots and the thyme to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the shallot is soft and wilted.
- 5Add the broth, vinegar, wine, Worcestershire and bring to a boil.
- 6Stir in the tomato paste and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- 7Add the cream and bring to a full boil, stir in the mustard. You should have about 3/4-cup of sauce.
- 8Arrange the chicken breasts on a serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the meat, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Paillardes With Mustard Shallot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 278.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: