1/2 Photos of Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Three flavors of canned soup takes the place of a creamed sauce for this recipe, I like to use 2 cans cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken, I would suggest to add in salt if needed at the table as the creamed soups have enough salt already added . This is really good! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package thin spaghetti (can use regular spaghetti if desired)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (or use 1-2 cans sliced drained mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted (or use 2 cans cream of mushroom and 1 can chicken)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish (or a large oval casserole dish).
- 3Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (do not overcook the pasta, leave semi-firm as it will cook more in the oven) drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Add in whipping cream and all three canned soups, cooked chicken or turkey, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, 1-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese and frozen peas (if using) toss well to combine.
- 5In a large skillet melt butter; add in the mushrooms and cook until all the liquid is removed (about 10 minutes).
- 6To the skillet with the mushrooms, add in onions, garlic and jalapeño pepper (if using) sauté until onions are soft; add to the soup mixture.
- 7Using a wooden spoon mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- 8Season with seasoned salt and pepper (or white salt).
- 9Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 10Cover with foil and bake about 30-35 minutes (or until hot and bubbly) uncover and sprinkle with about 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, return to oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5-8 minutes).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.2
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.7 mg
- Sodium 1135.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 39.1 g