1/2 Photos of Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
John DOH's Note:
Ultimate in comfort food dinner, and very easy to make. I got this as a "starter" from Emeril 5-6 years ago, and altered to represent real life circumstance of "leftovers", but the results are to die for. Leftover stuffing can also be added, and this kicks the spicing up "differently", given the variations of how you might choose to grind giblets, neck meat, etc into it, and/or use 12 grain bread for stuffing mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 236.59 ml diced celery rib
- 236.59 ml diced green bell pepper
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml chopped garlic cloves
- 118.29 ml flour or 118.29 ml cornstarch
- 680.38-907.18 g cooked chicken (i.e. "leftover) or 680.38-907.18 g turkey meat, chopped to chunks (skinless boneless)
- 473.18 ml chicken stock or 473.18 ml vegetable stock
- 2 potatoes, skinned and diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and coined
- 354.88 ml frozen tiny peas
- 1 pie crust
- 1Melt the margarine/butter in a pan at low heat and add celery, garlic, peppers and onion and cook until translucent.
- 2Add gravy and/or chicken stock and heat until bubbly, then add flour and or cornstarch, mixing well to form a "roux".
- 3Add potato, chicken/turkey, carrots, and peas.
- 4Heat until at a full simmer.
- 5Season with salt & pepper, paprika, and poultry seasoning, to taste.
- 6Empty into a Dutch oven and cover with a pie crust, venting to suit.
- 7Cook in a 350°F oven for 90 minutes, and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 28.3 g