Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Excellent little kabobs with a yummy dipping sauce.
Top Review by treefly
Simple and yummy recipe. I will definitely make this again. Not too spicy for the kids either. Next time I will probably use chicken thighs over breast. That is a personal preference only, I find chicken breast very dry and just like dark meat better. Also, I made half the amount of dipping sauce and still had a lot left over. It is very salty so a little goes a long way.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (each weighing about 6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (low sodium if you are salt sensitive)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion (white part only)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the paste: In a bowl, mix together the garlic, onion, paprika, cumin, lemongrass, basil, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Whisk in the canola oil.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes; add to paste mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly; cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- To make dipping sauce: Mix together the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl; add 2 tablespoons water and whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce into individual serving bowls.
- Thread chicken cubes onto skewers.
- Grill over direct medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear (turn once, halfway through grilling time.
- Serve warm w/ dipping sauce.