Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my favorite baked chicken recipes. I usually double the soy sauce and boiling water to make enough for some gravy for the rice. I have made this with pork steak with very good results.
- Put chicken pieces into a deep bowl.
- Mix together soy sauce, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over chicken and let stand for at least 1/2 hour in the refrigerator, turning occasionally to marinate.
- Lift chicken from liquid and reserve.
- Roll chicken in flour and brown in hot oil.
- Put chicken, onions and water into casserole dish.
- Pour reserved liquid over chicken.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over hot rice.