Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A comforting homemade chicken noodle soup with a little sherry and cream to add the special, unique touch of a special lady. This recipe is a combination of Emeril and Paula Deen's chicken noodle soup recipes combined with a unique twist of a special lady!
- 2267.96 g whole chickens
- 8 bay leaves
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 29.58 ml thyme
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, diced
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 118.29 ml carrot, diced
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 78.07 ml sherry wine
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh salt and pepper
- 709.77 ml medium egg noodles, uncooked
- Chicken Stock:.
- Place rinsed chicken in large stock pot and fill with water. Add stock ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover partially, and simmer for an hour. Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool.
- Strain the stock with a sieve, lined with a cheesecloth or strain and remove fat when cooled.
- Pull and shred the chicken meat from bone discarding the skin and bone.
- Melt butter in pan. Add onion, celery, carrots and cook over medium heat until tender. Add parsley and shredded chicken to chicken stock. Add vegetables and sherry to soup. Whisk flour into 1/4 of the heavy cream and slowly stir into soup. Add remaining cream. Simmer soup.
- Cook noodles as directed on package in separate pot. Strain and add noodles to soup. (This avoids starch from combining into soup broth).
- Add salt and fresh gound pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty french bread or corn bread.
This soup was 100% wonderful. I made wheat egg noodles with my pasta maker. I will make this again and again!
Made this on a weekend when it was raining out. It was great!
Great for a cold, rainy day! My kids loved it!