Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy side dish. I often add a clove of chopped garlic with the onion and rice and 3/4 cup frozen peas near the end of cooking time.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) packagedry chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- In a large pan, sauté onion and rice until rice turns a light golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, about 10 minutes.